Denise and Lindsay's Iris

Denise and Lindsay's Iris
Photo by J Hulse

Sunday, November 27, 2011

About This Site

Hi, everyone,

I'm Gardenbear.  And this is my blog.  I hope to entertain you, and inform you, and stimulate you to take an active role in living a healthy and sustainable life.  It's incumbent upon each of us to try, just a little, to clean this place (earth) up.  A good place to start is right outside your back door.

The background picture on this page is Heironymous Bosch's Gardens of Earthly Delight (You know, Eden before the Apple).  We all want our own little garden of earthly delight.  Maybe it should even contain a couple of apple trees.  Who knows?!   And some greens, and carrots, and kale and green beans, and TOMATOES!

I can help you with that.  I'm still figuring out where to start and I need your help to do it.  I will write an occasional article about a topic I've been thinking about.  Give me some topics!.   I'll send you to sites I've found interesting.  I'll try to answer any questions you may have about IPM (Integrated Pest Management), plant pathology, culture, characteristics, etc.  I may throw in a heady article or two about Eco-ethics.


I encourage you to be as green as possible.  Grow some of your own food.  Reduce your carbon footprint. 

Send me those questions.  Any kind of gardening questions.  I may know the answer.  If I don't I'll research it and post it here.

So you have a sick plant.  Take a picture, a close-up of a leaf, and a full shot of the plant, including the surrounding soil.  We'll see where this path leads us.

So, until I get the ball rolling here, eat organic.  Be green.  Save the Earth!!


Gardenbear

ps.  I'm working on my bio now.  

1 comment:

kbw said...

congrats on your new blog! keep on posting re your gardens and experiences...we all have a lot to learn from and play with you in our assorted and changing ecosystems...i'm in a semi 'tropical' climate "illinois ozarks", growing times from late march to mid-november, zone 6 in middle of usa and near humid confluence of mississippi and ohio rivers, by new madrid fault-line, leftover hurricanes from the south, tornadoes and super derechos from the west and ice-snow storms from southwest.